“Synchronicity is an ever-present reality for those that have eyes to see” ~Carl Jung
When important information starts to show up in our lives, are we listening?
We’re conditioned to rationalize messages and signs that show up in our reality. We “explain” them to death and dissolve them of anything other than mere occurrences in our daily grind on the planet Earth. We suck the mystical component from them entirely.
There is a huge intuitive guiding compass within us that is able to link up to these “occurrences”, these very vivid series of signals that unfold in front of our eyes from the world around us. When we crumble the walls against our resistance to them, we come face to face with synchronicity.
What do I mean by synchronicity?
Synchronicity is defined by Carl Jung (the man who coined the concept) as significant or meaningful coincidences that occur in our lives. It’s a concept that describes the chaos that we experience as much more organized and meaningful than we might imagine and that in these events there are messages that are there to aid us, to answer our questions and even to guide us on our path. It’s like your very own Fairy Godmother force.
These can show up in a myriad of ways some of which include:
1) You’re thinking of things and then they appear.
You’ve had something on your mind, something that you’ve been fixated on and boom, it shows us. I know, I know. People are going to tell you that your increased awareness of it simply means you saw it “easier” with your consciousness tuned to it. That’s possible. But what about the occurrences that are harder than that to explain?
Like you think of a random person and they appear, out of the blue. Like the Universe conspired to place them in the same space and time as you. Or what if you think of something really specific and it shows up on Facebook completely out of your own hands but again it’s right there in front of you? Is this a result of fixation, or the Universe giving you a clue that whatever it is that you’re thinking about, you’re on track. There is *something* there.
2) Things keep repeating themselves. Messages in songs, images, words. You keep seeing some words over again. Something specific. A random person will text you something that rings a chord with you. Later you see the same line in an advertisement, in meditation and later again in a video online. Coincidence, or message from the Universe?
3) You come to a conclusion and back up comes from the universe in alignment with what. You are in need of proof, a sign on your path . You doubt yourself, your journey, where you are, everything. You raise your questions to the sky in frustration. All of a sudden out of the blue, boom something impossible to ignore hits you in the face. And I mean like obvious. Like you state that you are in a place of wanting to chance work, you’re done and boom you see a job advertisement or a friend tells you about a sweet position opening up.
4) You’ve seen this before in dreams, flashes or intuition. You know that feeling. You hear, see or experience something, and you KNOW you’ve seen this before. It’s so familiar. Whether seen, smelt or heard, it is undeniably known to you. You feel this knowing deep within your soul.Sometimes the deja vu feeling can arise bringing our attention back to it and our focus that perhaps the dream was more than just a dream. These can be drawing on messages or signs that are received during dreams, intuitive states, divination or trance.
5) Your body feels it. The messages can come from your very own body. Your body can feel something, know something or be drawn in a certain way that is unexpected.
6) A series of off the wall events. You know the one’s, totally out of the blue, impossible to imagine, how in the hell did these line up events that put people, places and things in your path with messages and signs. But somehow, everything lines up to create this perfect string of events that seem to unravel in just the perfect, destined way.
It can be a combo of different occurrences, signs and messages that unfold in front of you to paint synchronicity in your life. They are very specific and take on the forms and ways that the Universe connects and delivers to you. They are not the same for everyone as we all experience things differently.
Pay attention to what the synchronicity hold for you. The Universe gives us the messages that we need, that we ask for and that we are open to. Some of the one’s that show up are things we hadn’t even considered an issue until we start getting signs.
Keep your eyes peeled and your heart open. Let go of the ideas you have of how things should be or unfold. Leave your expectations at the door. Watch for the subtleties, and the repetition. Be present with what is unfolding around you.
I recently had a very powerful experience of synchronicity in my own life on the very day I started to write this blog about synchronicity (oh Universe, you sly devil.)
I had been doubting my path.
The Universe, through a very elaborate and impossible series of events, unfolded many unlikely people to me that day with very specific and precise out-of-the-blue messages that reaffirmed my journey and the impact it had in the world.
However impossible the tapestry of events were, they were undeniable.
In my moment of “surrender” to not knowing what was going to happen next, I let go of any blocks I had in the way of energy coming to me with messages. When we open to the flow of the Universe and merge with the allowing of that river, things start to unfold around us.
So, in the end whether you believe in synchronicity is up to you.
If it seems far-fetched, that’s fine. If however you do believe that everything around you is conspiring to give you valuable, life altering messages, then open up your line of communication and clear your schedule.
I believe the Universe is calling you.
Photo Credit: Kindra Nikole Photography