mys·tic / ˈmistik/• n. a person who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to obtain unity with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or who believes in the spiritual apprehension of truths that are beyond the intellect.
Mystics are seekers of truth.
They seek truth in the divine, in the sacred, in the world around them, in the unseen, in others and in themselves.
They are seekers of answers beyond what has been discovered or described. They look past the known horizons for something that others are not able to see and they set out to understand it deeper and experience it fully.
Many have their own definition of what a mystic to them is, and they should. Mystics seek to move past the words and paradigms that define and trap, so thinking outside the box on what a mystic is would be thinking like a mystic.
Mystics are here to embody their authentic truth, their joy, their love. They wear it like a patchwork coat over their bones and open to the rawness of being in this experience. They are here to understand, to dive deeper and to digest all that they find in order to gain new insight, understanding and unraveling threads of magic and medicine.
Some common traits among mystics can include:
- They are here to peel away their own layers and above all dive deep into their own truth
- Psychic abilities, prophetic dreams, intuition, premonitions, sixth sense, & “knowing”
- Channel or conduit to the unseen
- Here to dive deeper past the barriers of the Universe, Time, Love, the planet, etc.
- Very vivid imaginations
- Highly effected by the energies like solar flares, shifts, planetary alignments
- They see signs, messages, lessons, synchronicity and symbols all around them
- They acknowledge that they are students ever learning and ever evolving
- Deep internal growth on their path
- Close ties to animals and birds
- Deeply empathic beings, loving, caring, sometimes too much
- They look at things beyond good or bad and for the lessons
- They see all people as your guides, teachers and mirrors
- They follow your own path, even if it goes against family or tradition
- They may have a connection to other worlds like Avalon, Lemuria, Atlantis, star realms, etc.
- Deep connection to the earth & surroundings; staring at the stars, getting lots in the sway of the trees
- They think outside the box and see past perceived limitations
- Not comfortable with “one set of spiritual rules” knowing we each have our own path
- They have developed a deep trust the unknown
- They are always questioning and wanting deeper inquiry into people, occurrences, the stars, etc.
- They want to know, to experience, they are here to taste the divine, life, love
- They understand there is a deeper reason and flow that is ongoing
- They see the truth in others, often long before others do
Why does it seem like there are so many mystics now?
We’re speeding up in our expansion and our growth which is accelerating our learning. We connect worldwide in an instant now and are part of a global tribe which is expanding us into new experiences and lessons that we may not have been able to access before in a limited environment.
I believe this is lending more and more people to uncover the thread of the mystic woven within them. We’re moving back to a place of celebrating the mystics, the priestesses, the people who dance to the beat of their own drums. As this has become more and more into being, so people are opening to their mystic medicine within.
I also believe that there are so many more emerging and tapping into this deep truth within to aid in the coming shifts and in ushering in the new ways that we are expanding into (vs. the old patriarchal rigid fear and greed based ways which are crumbling and falling away.)
Mystics are here to offer valuable insight, ideas, inspiration, knowledge and hope in the tides that are ever-changing.
Threads of the Universe
Woven in your soul
Wandering the ancient path
The tides flow
Within your shores
You are one
With the Earth
Soil and seed alike
Every ray that shines
Are your fingers of light
Moving through the shadows
Each mountain cliff
A towering temple
Carved of your bones
You are one with all
Secrets of this world
Moving in your blood
Your heart whispers
Singing your truth
To the skies.”